Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 8 of the Very Visual Organizer and Week 2 of using Bullet Journal as well



This week marks the last week that I will report on the Very Visual Organizer. Even with all my inconsistencies, I have reported on that system for EIGHT weeks.

I also used the Bullet Journal for my portable calendar.

Very Visual Organizer


What worked?

Everything. I love the flexibility of this system. It makes me very happy, I love the colors and being able to see how my time is allocated.


What didn’t work/was annoying?

Nothing.

What did I change?

Nothing. I kept the third sheet, making the base three pages tall. It is very effective.

What will I change?

This is the last week of the eight weeks that I promised to report on this system. I will continue to use if because it is very effective for me. I think it is the last new system I am going to explore with you since I have found one that works for me. If you have any questions about any other systems, by all means, ask me.



Bullet Journal

What worked?

Everything. It has been interesting to have both the large calendar on the wall and the Bullet Journal notebook.

What didn’t work/was annoying?

The symbol for a telephone call was envisioned as a telephone handset. I changed the symbol to a large C instead of the telephone handset because it did not ever look like a handset and it annoyed me.


What did I change?

I changed the key. Although I had a signifier for a call as opposed to an appointment, I put the signifier for an appointment when I have a call. At some point, it might be important to have the different signifier, it is clearly not vital now.

I implemented the Outstanding Items page. It worked well and now there is nothing on it that has not been checked off. I will need to be putting more items on it.



What will I change?


As I mentioned last week, I  discovered a Facebook group for using the Bullet Journal during NaNoWriMo and two Bullet Journal forums on the NaNoWriMo site itself. I have joined them all. I enjoy the lovely spreads.

I start National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) tomorrow. I printed out two separate word count trackers that I found online. I also made a habit tracker for myself. It isn’t pretty. I did figure out a way to make my Bullet Journal prettier than it has been. I cannot draw. I may get back into lettering (I used to do some calligraphy) in December. However, I discovered items I already own that I can use RIGHT NOW. Stickers!! I love stickers, and I have bunches of them. I don’t write as many letters as I once did, so I haven’t used the stickers much at all. Now I can!  That makes me very happy since I have no funds to purchase washi tape or other pretty things to fancy up my journal. I have stickers and I know how to use them. For example, on my weekly spread, I have a pumpkin and a fall leaf in today’s header. Tomorrow, for NaNoWriMo, I have a cat sticker, because cats are featured in my NaNoWriMo novel. I will put a different cat sticker on each day of November.
  

General accountability:

I have written every day this month. I’m delighted. Last week was a bit rough in the sleep department, my insomnia was in flare. However, I got up most days by 10 AM, except for two days on which I made a conscious decision to sleep in.

I am using Scrivener – they have a special Free Trial for NaNoWriMo. I continue to enjoy it. Yesterday I discovered a wonderful function – split screen. I could have a document with questions about world building open on one side and a new document on the other in which I answered the questions. No flipping back and forth from one document to another. It was a joy!

  1. NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. I will still be posting here on Mondays. I will also be writing at least 1667 words each day – the amount you must write to get to 50K by the end of the month, which is the goal of the challenge.  I’m Cedarwolfsinger on the NaNoWriMo site if you’d like to be my Writing Buddy, just add me.


I hope you have a productive week! If you are participating in NaNoWriMo – write prolifically and HAVE FUN!!

Bright Blessings and Happy November!   – Cedar



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 


And my company page:


and my new page for my new business venture:

and – drum roll please – at my new Author page on Facebook:


I am also on Twitter:

@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian



No comments:

Post a Comment