Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 7 of the Very Visual Organizer and Week 1 of using Bullet Journal as well




This week, I continued to use the Very Visual Organizer because it works so well and makes me very happy.

I also used the Bullet Journal for my portable calendar.


Very Visual Organizer


What worked?

Everything. I love the flexibility of this system.


What didn’t work/was annoying?

Nothing.

What did I change?

Nothing. I kept the third sheet, making the base three pages tall. It is very effective.

What will I change?

Nothing.




Bullet Journal

What worked?

Everything. It has been interesting to have both the large calendar on the wall and the Bullet Journal notebook.

What didn’t work/was annoying?

The symbol for a telephone call was envisioned as a telephone handset. I changed the symbol to a large C instead of the telephone handset because it did not ever look like a handset and it annoyed me.
  
What did I change?

Only the key, which is more complex than the key I used before. I felt it was effective and that I will be needing the expanded key because there is much more happening in my life.

  
What will I change?


I did not decide on the spread I wanted to use for the Outstanding Items page last week. When Thursday came and I had not implemented it, I decided I would wait until this week to use it. I have now created it and it is in my Bullet Journal, behind my Weekly Spread. It only has a few items on it just now. When I think of more, I will add them. I like the concept; I will see how it works and let you know next week.

I had envisioned using a rainbow of different colors. I did not do that. I used red to fill in the appointments and tasks I completed, and I used green to note the items I migrated.  There may be more colors in my future.

I have also discovered that there is a Facebook group for using the Bullet Journal during NaNoWriMo and there are two Bullet Journal forums on the NaNoWriMo site itself. I will probably poke at them. I love looking at the lovely spreads. I don’t know if I am enough of an artist to implement them, however. Trying something new during NaNoWriMo might also make me crazy.


General accountability:

I have written every day this month. I’m delighted. I was still fighting being sick and still got up between 9 and 10 AM during the week.

I am using Scrivener – they have a special Free Trial for NaNoWriMo. I like being able to put everything in one project. There is a learning curve and I am poking at it for planning, setting, plotting, and character development. I feel good about it.

This week I am also starting to do Writing Sprints to get myself ready for NaNoWriMo, which starts next Tuesday.

I hope you have a productive week!

Bright Blessings – Cedar



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 


And my company page:



and my new page for my new business venture:


and – drum roll please – at my new Author page on Facebook:


I am also on Twitter:

@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:


branded.me:

https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian

 (Sorry that the links are not all showing up. I can't figure it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment