Monday, October 10, 2016

Very Visual Organizer Week 5 and Goals for October


It was a crazy week.  I had to get up early a few days to get my husband to a class because we couldn’t afford parking.  Then, on Friday, we ran away to Natural Stone Bridge and Caves, where we are still!  We go home tomorrow.

The getting up early days were difficult because I was not sleeping well.  However, I was getting more done. I have been getting up reasonably early on this vacation as well.  I am getting writing done and have managed to dismantle the rat wheel in my head in order to enjoy the stillness and the calm.

What worked?

Everything. 

What didn’t work/was annoying?

Not a thing.

What did I change?

In the last few weeks, I had discovered that the base calendar I was using, (the size of a desk blotter) was too small. I added an additional page to make it taller. That worked better than the original.

What changes will I make?

I will add another page, to make it three pages tall.  That will give me equal areas for tasks in the morning, afternoon, and evening. I will need that as I plan to continue getting up early enough to have productive morning time.


I have been trying to find a portable system because my new business requires that portability in my calendar. I love the visual aspects of the system I am using, and I am going to keep it for my “non-portable” system. I have been poking at portable systems and haven’t found anything I like yet. I may just go back to the bullet journal as my portable system and see how it will work. I will think about that this week.  I don’t want to start using a portable system in the middle of a week – I don’t consider that a fair test. The next week I will be home the entire week will be the week of 17 October – that may be the week when I try the Bullet Journal again.

I did not do a detailed review of September, though I did tell you it was a hot mess. 

Goals for October

1.     I have joined an online writing group (Ninja Writers). They have a challenge for people to write at least ten minutes daily this month, to get that habit in place before National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) in November. I’m working through exercises to flesh out my new concept for next month. (I have been writing every day.)

2.     I am planning to get up between 7 – 8 AM weekday mornings.  I’ll see how that works out.

Have a great week!

Bright Blessings -- Cedar

You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 

And my company page:

and my new page for my new business venture:

I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian




No comments:

Post a Comment