Monday, October 3, 2016

Explanation of My Absence in September




September was a big mess of a month for me with family crises and personal and family illness abounding.  I also officiated a wedding and did more work for my new Park Lane Jewelry business. While I am aware that this is a new month, I just don’t have the time to do a complete look back at September and goal setting for October.  I can tell you that I have committed to writing at least 10 minutes every day this month, getting the daily habit in place and ready for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) next month which will be my 7th or 8th time doing the challenge.

If we can get someone to watch our four footed kids, my husband and I will be off-line and off-grid from Friday 10/7/2016 through Tuesday 10/11/2016. I will not be posting on Monday.  However, I expect to do the calendar work and the blog writing while I am away, making it a simple matter of cutting and pasting on Wednesday when I return home.

We are visiting the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves in Pottersville, NY. I anticipate sitting outside by the river, which is approximately 100 yards from the cabin we are renting, and writing my heart out, only coming in for meals and tea and hot chocolate to warm up. I will wander down to the Rock Shop several times a day to say “Hello”.  We don’t have extra cash to buy anything and I am not the kind of person who enjoys looking around when she has no money to spend. This place is heart-home to me.  I tend to relax and write and sleep really well there. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.  I tend to go to sleep reasonably early (between 10 and 11:30 PM) and wake up early (between 6 and 7:30 AM).  There is no cell service at the cabin – you have to travel about 10 miles into town to get service. The attraction is run by dear friends and my husband and I have visited once or twice every year since we have been married.  (Twenty-six years in June, for your information.)

Have a great first week of October.  I’ll be back here next Wednesday, relaxed and refreshed! Bright Blessings!!



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 

And my company page:

and my new page for my new business venture:

I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian



No comments:

Post a Comment