Monday, August 29, 2016

Adventures with the Very Visual Organizer -- Week 4

Sorry for the missed week, folks.  I got caught in a rainstorm and had to hold an angry, wet dog in my lap for the almost two-hour trip home, which is usually only an hour except when you experience bad traffic.  We experienced bad traffic.  I got chilled and spent two days wearing fleece and drinking tea and soup in an attempt to get warm and stay that way.  The dog, Peanut, also got a little bit of a cold.  We napped together under blankets for those two days.  Thankfully, we are both feeling better now.

What worked?

Everything.  This is proving to be a useful and effective system for me.  I really like it. The 30-minute duration task was a very helpful addition.  I will keep it.

What didn’t work?

No problems at all.

What was annoying?

The system was fine.  I took on a new position with Park Lane jewelry.  With the new position came new tasks, and I underestimated the time they would require to complete.  Consequently, I over booked my schedule with tasks that I could not complete.  This is a habit of mine.  If you follow the blog, you’ve seen me deal with it before. 

I also discovered that the base calendar I’m using, which is the size of a desk blotter, is too small and the post-its overlap.  I will need to find or make a bigger base, especially if I decide to keep using this system.  Unlike Suzi Whitford, I do NOT have an extra wall in my space to use for this.

What changes will I make?

I will work on keeping my tasks in the manageable realm.  I think I have done that for this week – the calendar has blank spaces between post-its most days.  I will also poke at finding a different base because I really need more space some days. 

I can’t believe it is the last week of August. I hope your month comes to a close in joy.  If you have Labor Day travel plans, be safe and have fun!


You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 

And my company page:

 I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian




No comments:

Post a Comment