Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 6 of Bullet Journal Reboot -- 11.28.2016


This is Week 6 of using my Bullet Journal again. I am loving it more and more each day.

What worked?

Everything. 

What didn’t work/was annoying?

Nothing.

What did I change?

Nothing.


What will I change?

Oh, My Goodness!  I have joined several Facebook groups for Bullet Journaling. Besides being some of the nicest, most caring, and most creative folks, they are willing and eager to share their ideas. I have also poked around on the Internet. I am SO EXCITED – I made a totally different weekly spread AND it has a Dutch Door. (There will be photos!)
Recently, through my Bullet Journal, I have re-discovered my creativity for areas other than writing. I don’t draw and I don’t do fancy lettering (although I am thinking of poking at free resources on the Internet to change that). However, I can use stickers and pull pieces of different spreads together to make them work for me.

This is the first page of my new spread:


One of the reasons I went to a spread with less room to list tasks every day is something I have discussed on this blog before I tend to over schedule my days. This spread only has four lines for tasks per day, making it less likely that I will overschedule since I WON’T make a task that says “Do all the things!”

This is photo of the second page of my new spread:



As you can see, I made a list of the things I want to get done this week. Each night, when I do my Wrap and Map (wrapping up the day and mapping out the next day), I will put a few tasks on the next day’s spread. I think this is a good plan and I am happy with the concept. I don’t know if it will be effective – I’ll try and report next week!

Last night, when I turned off my electronics and picked up my BuJo, I realized that I have some things I do every day that I want to see in front of me to remind me to do them and then give me the satisfaction of knowing I have done them and checked them off. There was no place to do that in the new spread. OOPS!

Then I remembered seeing spreads with what they call a Dutch Door – and I made one!



This morning, after I did my Journaling, I found these little stars and decided to use them instead of check marks or coloring in the boxes.

 On the other side of the Dutch Door, I made an “Unlisted Tasks Done” column. I have the two inside columns blank. I may fill them as the week goes on and I think of what might work on them. At this moment, I can’t think of anything.



General accountability:

This is the last week of NaNoWriMo. I have written every day. I hit 50K on November 18th. I am still writing. I still have my eye on that badge generated by the NaNo site for writing every day. I want it. We’ll see if I can do that this year. I also decided I needed a new goal to motivate me to get to Wednesday in style – I am now shooting for 70K.

I will do an assessment of November and goals for December next week. I hope this week brings you joy and many creative outlets!

Bright Blessings   – Cedar



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 


And my company page:


and my new page for my new business venture:

and – drum roll please – at my new Author page on Facebook:


I am also on Twitter:

@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian



No comments:

Post a Comment