Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 1 -- Adventures with Whiteboard and Post-It note Calendar and Accomplishments for July and Goals for August




What worked?

I could certainly see this calendar when I needed to do so.  The colors were eye-catching.  I had several sleepless nights followed by rough days – and I could always keep an eye on my events and tasks, and was able to reschedule them easily.  That was a huge difference from the digital calendar/task list I had been failing at for several weeks before.

What didn’t work?/What was annoying?

I only had post-its that are twice as wide and half again as long as the spaces on the blank calendar I had.  That looked cluttered and made each individual one difficult to see.

What changes will I make?

I knew I would have to use smaller post-its – and I was completely and thoroughly correct!! Last night I was able to find some dribs and drabs of smaller post-its.  They were sufficient for the calendar for this week.  I will need to buy more before I do the calendar for next week.  I used them for the calendar for this week and it looks so much neater and it is easier to see what I have scheduled.

I am cautiously optimistic about the coming week.




Since we just ended one month and are starting another, I will share my accomplishments in July and my goals for August.

JULY ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Writing

My total word count for July
was 68904 – including the blogs, my journal, and any other miscellaneous work – AND 51095 for the Camp NaNoWriMo challenge for the month.  Considering that my original goal was 30K and the final goal was 50K, I feel pretty good about 51095.

(If you don’t know what Camp NaNoWriMo is, check out this link from the Wordcrafter Blog on July 1st.    http://cedarwordcrafter.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-nanowrimo-verse.html )



Developed Tentative Writing Plan for 2016 & 2017



AUGUST  GOALS

Writing


--  Essence of Life (WIP) through the end of the action for “Night and Day” by 8/15.
      --  Finish typescript in word, WriteWay, pdf, jump drives, and send out for comment by 8/31.

--  Current Commenters:
  KLS; FLB; Ann Koles; Stephanie Giaquinto; and PSM (in typescript)

--  Journal at least 3x / week

--  Blogs – Monday; Roots & Branches; Wednesday & Friday; Wordcrafter

Reading About Writing


The Complete Book of Novel Writing – Read one chapter per week and take notes

Organization


--  Visual calendar for next 7 weeks

--  Mind dump

--  Learn/Do/Become

--  Buy “Getting Things Done”

--  Order Scrivener

Reset my internal clock

--  Set daily alarm for 11 AM for 2 weeks

--  Set daily alarm for 10:30 AM for 2 weeks

--  Then reassess

I hope your first week of August is a joy and a delight.


I hope your first week of August is a joy and a delight!



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 

And my company page:

 I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian




No comments:

Post a Comment