Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 1 2017 -- Happy New Year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

It’s 2017! It came upon me faster than I expected. I have not finished with all the new spreads I want in my Bullet Journal. I’m working on them.

One of my goals for the year is to do something different on my bullet journal every two weeks. To that end – I changed my weekly layout. I added a timeline and I used my new Mildliners for the headers. Since the layout is new, I don’t really have an opinion yet. I kept the Dutch door, although it is holding my Weekly To-do list on one side and an area for Notes/Next Week on the other side. I also put my Daily Routine Tasks in a different place. I’ll let you know how it works next week.






Regarding my goals for December:

Assessing 2016 and planning for 2017
The planning classes were exceptionally helpful.

Preparing My 2017 Bullet Journal

I have been looking at lists of collections and spreads. I’m still working on them. I had hoped to be done by now. Planning takes longer than I remembered!

Closing out my 2016 Word Count Spreadsheet

I finished that yesterday. I broke out the New Words and the Editing/Research/Time, as well as the total. I wrote 462,720 New Words and the equivalent of 465,500 words in Editing/Research/Time (each hour is counted as 1000 words). My total words for April – December 2016 came to 927,220. I was gob-smacked. I mean – that’s a great many words and only in nine months. My goal had been 400,000 words. Clearly, I exceeded that! I had been thinking of setting 900,000 for 2017. Since I exceeded that in only nine months, I clearly need a bigger goal. I set one. One million, 500 thousand words is my goal for 2017.  That makes me a bit nervous. However, I am going to have to produce that kind of count to be able to finish Essence of Life by Beltaine.

Building my 2017 Word Count Spreadsheet

I took 7 hours yesterday, adding nine projects, making sure New Words were broken out from Editing/Research time.  The spreadsheet rings in at 12,547 words, counting the zero placeholders as words.

Making a few gifts

I did not make Christmas gifts. The folks I might have made gifts for will be happy to get them whenever. I may be sending Unbirthday gifts in February or March. I don’t know yet.

Learning Music for Christmas Eve

I was successful at learning the music, including a solo, and the services went extremely well.  Unfortunately, it’s been a week and I am not really recovered yet.

Since I am still working on my goals for 2017, I will put them in next week’s post.

Have a wonderful first week of the year!

Bright Blessings   – Cedar

You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 


And my company page:


and my new page for my new business venture:

and – drum roll please – at my new Author page on Facebook:


I am also on Twitter:

@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian



No comments:

Post a Comment