Monday, May 2, 2016

My Adventures with the Bullet Journal -- Week Three



Welcome to Week Three of the Bullet Journal – and the first week of May! I hope it is more like May where you are than where I live.  It was colder yesterday than it was on Christmas Day.  Brrr.

The monthly page suggested by the Bullet Journal was just NOT working for me.  I realized that last week.  I decided to wait until this week to change it, since it was the first week of a new month.  I haven’t put up a “year at a glance” calendar yet, I’m not sure that I will need one.  I made a two page monthly calendar grid to try for May.  I think I will like it.  I’ll let you know next week.

I had intended to keep a list of what tasks I did and how much time each one required, to get a handle on how to schedule my time more realistically.  Between all my medical conditions being in flare; meeting my 80K word count goal for Camp NaNoWriMo; and preparing for a choir concert on Saturday night that did not happen.  It is still a good idea and I will do it this week. 

Though it was a very busy week and I overscheduled myself a bit, I still felt good about what I accomplished.  I added a list of “Accomplishments” for April at the end of the weekly spread. When assessing the month which is ending, remember to focus on what you accomplished first.  Then examine what you did not do, and brainstorm WHY.  One of the best lessons I am learning from this neurological shift is that there is almost always a WHY. Once you know why (or some part of why), you can do two things. First, be gentle with yourself and claim your progress. Second, think of ways to set out what you can reasonably accomplish. Making a list that is impossible to finish leads to feelings of incompetence, which is certainly not the goal.
  This was the first time I migrated information from an entire month.  It took about ten minutes longer than a regular weekly migration, which seemed reasonable to me.

I am pleased with the Bullet Journal and the changes I have made to the system.  My additions for Week Four will be the Month Grid calendar instead of the list and using the Time Log to note my tasks and the time required to complete them.  I want to get a sense of what I can realistically accomplish in a day, since I really dislike task boxes that are not filled in as completed. If I only book what there are enough minutes in the day to do, I will feel much better about myself.

I’m looking forward to Week 4.  Have a wonderful week!

Bright Blessings!!!



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 
https://www.facebook.com/cedarwolfsinger?fref=ts


I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

No comments:

Post a Comment