Monday, May 9, 2016

My Adventures with the Bullet Journal -- Week Four

This was the first week that using the Bullet Journal felt totally natural and comfortable.  I am enjoying the changes I’ve made to the system.  The traditional Monthly Calendar is a big help. While I don’t look at it daily, it’s great to have when I need it, which is usually every second or third day. 

The weekly spread continues to work well for me.  Moving to a spread that uses two days per page gives me space for my appointments and tasks as well as notes.  I often need to make a quick note about something I’ve done or a follow-up I need to remember.  I also like having the space to mention unexpected happy things that come up during the day.

I implemented using a Time Budget this week.  I was shocked at the amount of time needed to complete a task compared to the number of tasks I expected to accomplish in a day.  No wonder I had tasks that I could not complete!  I also realized that taking another person to an appointment takes twice as long as I expected.  That information is very valuable, and will help me schedule my days in a more realistic fashion going forward. 

I started several new projects this week and they ate up more hours than I liked.  However, setting up projects frequently takes more time than maintaining them.  I am hoping that will prove to be the case.  I still managed to complete many of my tasks and some days I managed to complete most of them. 

Since I am pleased with how things are progressing, I will continue tracking my time and using the Bullet Journal as I have this week.  I am amazed that it has been four weeks already. Onward to Week five!!

Bright Blessings!



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 
https://www.facebook.com/cedarwolfsinger?fref=ts



I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian




No comments:

Post a Comment