Monday, May 16, 2016

My Adventures with the Bullet Journal -- Week Five

Greetings! 
Welcome to Week 5!  Can you believe it?  Here’s my report.

What worked?

I am still delighted with my weekly spread and the traditional monthly calendar I have added.  I accomplished most of my tasks – and the tasks not completed were the ones that were dependent on another person’s help.

The time budget is working very well.  I’ve realized that it takes me longer than I think to do certain things.  For example,  taking someone grocery shopping (they have no car) takes two hours – sometimes longer. That’s a serious chunk of time out of your day!

I am also listening to my body – when it says “rest”, I rest. (I have chronic fatigue, chronic pain, and neurological issues stemming from a bad reaction to a heavy-duty drug I was given for a condition I don’t even have.  That’s a story for another day.) 

It is taking me time to adjust to the fact that I need to find new ways of structuring my days because I can’t do what I used to do.  That is very frustrating.  However, railing against something does no good.  So – I am getting a handle on how much I can do with the medical challenges I have now.  You have to learn how to accept what is and find a way to work with it.  (That wisdom did not spring full blown from my head – it has taken many years to understand this.)

My “AHA” moment this week was the realization that when I schedule my week, I *MUST* allocate time for rest, for unexpected phone calls, and for helping my husband when he asks me for help.  For example, I am ordained clergy.  Part of my ministry is counseling people.  This week, I had an unexpected series of ministerial calls that took up two hours. Those are not calls I can ignore or refuse or the Divine would be *very cross* with me.

What was annoying?

I found nothing annoying this week.  Honestly, I am quite taken with the Bullet Journal, I may not want to look at other systems.  I will because I promised and because I may find something better and I won’t know until I try.  I’m not sure how many I will examine if none of them work better than the Bullet Journal.




What changes will you make this week?

None.  I am loving this and I feel like it is working.  I am less stressed that I am going to miss something.  I am accomplishing things, and when I don’t, I know what took its place. I like this system.  I expect to tweak it a bit – but not this week.

Anticipating an amazing Week 5!! I hope your week is outstanding and all goes well for you.

Bright Blessings!


You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 
https://www.facebook.com/cedarwolfsinger?fref=ts




I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian


1 comment:

  1. Instead of trying out other systems, I just try out changes to this one. It is remarkably flexible depending on what you need to do, and honestly when something is working well I think it is better to fix it instead of poking at something new. I read about the other systems for inspiration for changes to what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete