Monday, April 25, 2016

My Adventures with the Bullet Journal -- Week Two

Greetings!

Welcome to my reflection on the second week of using the Bullet Journal.

In general, I am enjoying the ability to pick and choose what I need for making the Bullet Journal concept work for me. The versatility is wonderful and liberating. One of the challenges with the neurological shift is that I tend to forget that I am in charge and I can use whatever I want in my Bullet Journal. I thank my friends, particularly Patrick DeWind, for reminding me of my power to make this tool what I need to be productive.

As I mentioned last week, I decided I needed a weekly spread. I made one on facing pages, four blocks per page, giving me the whole week in one place.  I thought I would use it frequently.  I used it to the exclusion of the Daily Pages! Therefore, the Daily Pages are going away – at least for now. I found that the blocks were too small on the Weekly Spread – this week I have two days on a page instead of four.  I can’t see the entire week in one glance.  I believe having to turn only one page to see the entire week is a reasonable trade-off for having enough room to write what I need to each day.

I felt more on-track this week, though I am still putting more tasks on a day than I can accomplish. I believe I was mindful of that when I migrated my tasks. To combat that tendency, I am going to use a Time Budget this week and fill in the things I do and the time required to complete them.  While I don’t think I will have a definitive plan after one week of doing that, I may have an idea of what I can actually fit into a day.  Once I have that sense, I may actually be able to only schedule the tasks that there are enough minutes to complete in a day! I poked at some time budget pages and links. I picked the first one below to use this week.  However, I have a feeling that I will be making my own at some point. When I do, I will share it. (Time budget links below.)

I found the Monthly Calendar to be very annoying this week. Since it is the last week of the current month, I will not implement anything new until next week.  I believe I need to have a Full Year calendar page and a Monthly Calendar set up as a grid.  I will poke at that this week and pick a layout to use next week.

Here’s to my adventures in Week Three! Have a great week! Whatever you planned to accomplish this month, I hope you close out strong!


Bright Blessings!


Links for Time Budget/Schedule

http://studywell.library.qut.edu.au/pdf_files/STUDYMANAGEMENT_WeeklyTimeBudget.pdf

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/weekly-schedule.html



You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 
https://www.facebook.com/cedarwolfsinger?fref=ts


I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

No comments:

Post a Comment