Monday, April 18, 2016

My Adventures with the Bullet Journal - Week One

Greetings!

I have used the Bullet Journal for the past week. At first, I felt that I was more organized. Checking the book every day was new, however I put it where I would constantly trip over it, so I would check it frequently, which I did. Migration was easy, it only took ten or fifteen minutes. I believe it is a vital part of the tool. I also felt better about the success of the week after migration because I discovered that I was more aware of my calls, webinars, and tasks. Most days I completed at least half of them; and several days I completed two thirds of them.

Starting on Thursday, the process began to feel clunky and awkward. I felt like I had too many pages to look at and they were not what I needed. I also fell into the trap of putting more tasks on a day than I can possibly accomplish. I have done this in the past, and it is not specific to the Bullet Journal.

I found the lack of a weekly spread more annoying as the week progressed. Last night, before I did my migration and set up my pages for the week, I searched for weekly calendars people have developed for the Bullet Journal. I found one that I think will work for me, and I added it to this week’s journal. There are plenty of examples, if I don’t like this I will pick another for next week.

This week, I will be noting how often I use which spreads. Perhaps I will discover that I don’t need a monthly, daily, and weekly spread. Perhaps I will find that I need them in a different format. I can understand why the recommended time to “try out” an organization system is two months. It certainly gives me time to determine what is working for me and what is not.

The link for the Weekly Spreads is below.

Let the Week Two Adventure begin!


Bright Blessings!





You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 
https://www.facebook.com/cedarwolfsinger?fref=ts


I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

No comments:

Post a Comment