Thursday, June 30, 2016

Adventures with the Bullet Journal -- Weeks 7 and 8 and Wrap Up



The Bullet Journal is just like any other tool – it only works when you use it.  Two weeks ago, my husband asked a friend of ours to help him move some furniture.  That was wonderful – except that they didn’t give me any notice, so I couldn’t arrange the things that were being moved from the shelves. So everything got piled into another room, helter skelter, and I have no idea where anything is. My Bullet Journal was misplaced for a day.  Then I went on vacation and chose not to bring it.  (It was a camping trip and I wasn’t planning on using the Bullet Journal.)

When I came home, I spent three days recovering from the trip (pain flare and fatigue) and didn’t use the Bullet Journal. While I could carry it on for another few weeks, I believe it needs to be wrapped up so I can move on to another system.

I enjoyed using the Bullet Journal. If I return to using it, I may well change to a smaller notebook.  While I love the 8 ½ by 11 notebook, it is harder to manage.  One of the joys of the Bullet Journal is the ability to make changes to the layouts to suit the way I work.  My changes were the addition of a traditional monthly grid calendar and a Weekly Layout instead of a Daily Layout.  Those two changes served me well.

Since I promised to try several systems when I began this blog, I will keep my promise.  I will be using an electronic system next – Google Calendar and the Task function within it.

You can find me on Facebook on my personal page: 

And my company page:

 I am also on Twitter:
@michelle owings-chri

LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-owings-christian-bbb7278

branded.me:
https://branded.me/michelleowings-christian



No comments:

Post a Comment